M4-M5 Link Concept Design
Consultation on the M4-M5 Link Concept Design ran from 12 May to the 4 August 2017. This non-statutory 12-week consultation period sought to provide the community and other stakeholders with a better understanding of what is being planned for the M4-M5 Link as well as the opportunity to provide feedback.
The concept design included:
- the proposed alignment for the main tunnels, Rozelle Interchange and Iron Cove Link, as well as indicative tunnel depths for each of the areas
- a range of options for construction sites and amenities
- the proposed location of surface connections and facilities, including ventilation facilities
- details of active transport (walking and cycling) improvements
- draft masterplans for the Rozelle Rail Yards and St Peters, and a concept plan for Victoria Road, near the Iron Cove Bridge.
A Community Feedback Report has been prepared, and addresses the main themes of the feedback, and where to find detailed information in the Environmental Impact Statement. You can now view the feedback report for the M4-M5 Link project at westconnex.com.au/M4-M5LinkFeedbackReport.
Thank you again for your valuable feedback so far. Community feedback has been instrumental to shaping the design of the M4-M5 Link project. Key outcomes have included:
- the removal of the exit and entry ramps at Camperdown
- the removal of Easton Park, Derbyshire Road and Blackmore Oval as potential construction sites
- an Active Transport Strategy that will improve local pedestrian and cycle networks
- consultation on the M4-M5 Link Concept Design before the Environmental Impact Statement consultation.
The community will have further opportunities to comment on the M4-M5 Link project when the EIS is released. EIS submissions will be considered by the Department of Planning and Environment as part of its overall assessment of the project.