Pyrmont Bridge Road tunnel site
- The Pyrmont Bridge Road tunnel site would be located between Parramatta Road and Pyrmont Bridge Road at Annandale on land currently occupied by commercial and light industrial businesses, which are to be acquired.
- The Pyrmont Bridge Road tunnel site would be used to support tunnelling. Additional key construction activities would include initial road works and traffic management; site establishment and utility works; and civil and mechanical fitout.
- No permanent facilities would be constructed at this site.
- Roadheaders would be launched from this site to excavate the temporary access tunnel, and then the eastbound and westbound mainline tunnels.
Further details on proposed construction activities at the Pyrmont Bridge Road tunnel site are outlined in Chapter 6, Section 6.5.13 of the EIS.
- Heavy vehicle site access would be from the northern (eastbound) carriageway of Parramatta Road. Vehicles would enter via a new temporary driveway, travel in an anti-clockwise direction via an internal access road, and exit the site onto Pyrmont Bridge Road via a new temporary signalised intersection. Light vehicle entry and exit points would be from Pyrmont Bridge Road.
- It is anticipated that 133 heavy vehicles and 70 light vehicles would enter and exit the site daily.
Changes to traffic routes
We expect minimal modifications to the road network or pedestrian and cyclist facilities in this area. Alternative routes and diversions would be determined by the contractor in consultation with the council and community.
- There would be short-term, temporary closure of Bignell Lane while works take place. Rear-access to properties along Bignell Lane would be maintained throughout the construction period.
- During construction, there would be temporary diversions for pedestrian and cyclists around the heavy vehicle entry and exit points along Parramatta Road and Pyrmont Bridge Road.