Campbell Road civil and tunnel site
- The Campbell Road civil and tunnel site would be located within the St Peters interchange site on the southern side of Albert Street and Campbell Road in St Peters, on land currently used as a construction site for the New M5 project.
- Temporary infrastructure would include site offices, amenities, a workshop and storage facilities; a water treatment plant and sediment pond; and car parking.
- The site would support mainline tunnel excavation and ramp construction to connect the St Peters interchange with the M4-M5 Link mainline tunnels. Other major construction activities that would take place include initial road works and traffic management; site establishment and utility works; civil and mechanical fitout; and construction of permanent infrastructure.
- Permanent structures would include the Campbell Road operations and ventilation facilities, including a substation.
- Roadheaders would be launched from this site and would excavate the entry and exit ramps and mainline tunnels.
Further details on proposed construction activities at the Campbell Road civil and tunnel site are outlined in Chapter 6, Section 6.5.14 of the EIS.
- Vehicles would enter and exit the site from Albert Street via the signalised intersection on Campbell Road that is being built as part of the New M5 local road upgrade works.
- It is anticipated that 133 heavy vehicles and 70 light vehicles would enter and exit the site daily.
Changes to traffic routes
We expect that there would be minimal modifications to the road network or pedestrian and cyclist facilities in this area. Alternative routes and diversions would be determined by the contractor in consultation with the council and community.
- There would be temporary diversions for pedestrians and cyclists around the heavy vehicle site entry and exit points along Albert Street and Campbell Road during construction.