Register to represent your community on the M4 East legacy project
Sydney Motorway Corporation has been working with local councils to consider options for the future public use of residual land parcels along the M4 East corridor.
In our previous consultation with the community, we advised that the land required for the construction of the M4 East tunnels would be remediated and returned to Roads and Maritime Services. In order to meet our Conditions of Approval, we are now investigating options for future use of the land by the community, subject to Roads and Maritime Services' approval.
Register to represent your community in targeted workshops about the potential community use of residual land in your local area.
What is involved?
Each participant will attend two workshops.
- First workshop: view and provide feedback on some proposed options for sites in your local council area
- Second workshop: a more in-depth review of refined proposals based on your feedback in the first workshop.
What aspects will I be able to influence?
You will be asked to consider:
- existing issues in the community as well as those arising from the M4 East
- the suitability of the proposed land use options based on community needs and gaps in local infrastructure, services and recreation
There will be some limitations based on logistical factors such as the size of the land and the requirement for ongoing maintenance.
When and where will the workshops take place?
The first workshop will run in mid-February 2017, while the second workshop is scheduled for the end of February 2017. If you are selected, you will be provided with exact details closer to the date.
Would I be a suitable participant?
We are seeking community members who:
- live in or own a business within the Strathfield, City of Canada Bay or Inner West Council areas,
- understand the needs of their local community
- are committed to achieving the best outcome for the community as a whole.
How can I apply?
- Download and complete the interactive registration form here
- Scan or copy a recent rates notice or proof of residence such as a bank letter
- Send the completed form and rates notice to:
M4 East Legacy Project
GPO Box 3905, Sydney, NSW 2001
How long do I have to register?
All registrations must be received by Friday, 27 January 2017.
How can I found out more?
To find out more about this initiative and the registration process, please phone toll free on 1800 660 248 or visit westonnex.com.au/M4EastLegacy.
How to fill out the interactive form
- Click the link and select "save link as"
- Complete the form and save your changes before closing the document
If you fill out the form from the browser window and then click "save as", you may lose the information. If this occurs, you will have to fill the form out again.