Seeking expressions of interest for the New M5 Air Quality Community Consultative Committee
Sydney Motorway Corporation (SMC) is in the process of establishing an Air Quality Community Consultative Committee (AQCCC) to provide input and advice on the location of air quality monitoring locations and related air quality issues.
Register to represent your community as a member of the committee.
About the AQCCC
The WestConnex New M5 tunnel ventilation systems are designed to take all air emissions from the tunnel, providing for a zero emissions tunnel portal.
In accordance with condition of approval B9, SMC must establish an AQCCC prior to finalising the detailed design of the New M5.
The AQCCC’s role is to provide advice on the location of the air quality monitoring stations and to provide advice and input on the operation environmental management plans and other operational documents, compliance tracking reporting, audit reports, complaints relating to air quality, and dissemination of monitoring results, prior to and during the operation of the New M5.
The AQCCC is not a decision-making or regulatory body, and instead performs an advisory and consultative role.
The AQCCC must meet at least four times a year from establishment until up to two years from the commencement of New M5 operation. Community representatives are only required to attend the AQCCC when considering matters relevant to their respective areas
SMC will appoint an independent chairperson in consultation with the Department of Planning and Environment (DP&E).
For more information, please refer to the New M5 AQCCC Draft Terms of Reference (subject to final approval by DP&E).
Would I be a suitable participant?
We are seeking community members who:
- live in or own a business in the community surrounding one of the ventilation facilities at St Peters, Arncliffe or Kingsgrove (click links for maps of ventilation facility locations)
- are willing to contribute constructively
- are active in the community, with strong community networks
- have a sound understanding and awareness of the project and related environmental issues of concern to the broader community
- are willing to adhere to the Committee's code of conduct.
How can I apply?
Applications are open for a month and close on Friday, 11 August 2017.
- Download and complete the interactive registration form here*
- Scan or copy a recent rates notice or proof of residence such as a bank letter
- Send the completed form and rates notice by:
Emailing email@example.com OR Posting to New M5 AQCCC, GPO Box 3905, Sydney, NSW 2001
To find out more about this initiative or the registration process, please phone toll free on 1800 660 248.
* How to fill out the interactive form
- Click the link and select "save link as".
- Locate the file you saved and reopen it.
- Complete the form and save your changes before closing the document.
- Attach the completed form to an email or print it out if you prefer to post it.
If you fill out the form from the browser window and then click "save as", you may lose what you have written. If this occurs, you will have to fill the form out again.