Community Reference Group
We have received a number of expressions of interest to join the WestConnex Community Reference Group.
A facilitator has now been appointed and will be in contact with each of the potential participants to arrange the time, date and location first meeting in early February.
The reference group will provide a forum for discussion and feedback between the WestConnex project team and representatives of the community, stakeholder groups and local councils on matters relating to WestConnex.
Two community representatives will be appointed from each project area along the WestConnex Corridor – M4 Widening, M4 East, New M5 and King Georges Road Interchange Upgrade, and M4-M5 Link.
Community representatives must be:
- Current residents or landowners within the WestConnex project corridor
- Able to represent and communicate the broad positions, interests and issues of the project corridor community they represent
- Able to report back to the project corridor community they represent
- Involved in local community groups or activities such as progress, business, school, sporting, environmental or heritage groups
- Willing to adhere to the reference group’s standards of behaviour and maintain an outcome-focused approach.
Please see the draft terms of reference for the reference group.