Community Reference Group
In 2017, the reference group provided a forum for discussion and feedback between the WestConnex project team and representatives of the community, stakeholder groups and local councils on matters relating to WestConnex.
Two community representatives were sought from each project area along the WestConnex Corridor – M4 Widening, M4 East, New M5 and King Georges Road Interchange Upgrade, and M4-M5 Link.
Community representatives were required to be:
- Current residents or landowners within the WestConnex project corridor
- Able to represent and communicate the broad positions, interests and issues of the project corridor community they represent
- Able to report back to the project corridor community they represent
- Involved in local community groups or activities such as progress, business, school, sporting, environmental or heritage groups
- Willing to adhere to the reference group’s standards of behaviour and maintain an outcome-focused approach.
Please see the terms of reference for the reference group.
You can view the minutes here for: