Environmental Management on WestConnex
For a consolidated view of project specific environmental information such as management plans, compliance tracking reports, licences and conditions of approval, please click on the relevent link below:
WestConnex is being delivered in accordance with:
- The measures identified in the related Environmental Impact Statement and Submissions and Preferred Infrastructure Report
- The Conditions of Approvals set out by the Department of Planning and Environment and the Minister for Planning
- The related project Environmental Protection Licences.
Our key stakeholders and regulators include:
- The NSW Environment Protection Authority, which monitors compliance with the Environmental Protection Licences and regulates environmental performance
- NSW Department of Planning and Environment, which monitors compliance with the conditions of project approval and mitigation measures agreed to during planning approval
- Australian Department of the Environment and Energy, which regulates national environmental laws.
The WestConnex Strategic Environmental Review identifies the major environmental benefits and key challenges associated with WestConnex.