Facts about the Camperdown/Annandale mid-tunnel construction site
A tunnelling construction site is needed to build the underground tunnel between Rozelle and St Peters for the M4-M5 Link.
We recently confirmed a site on Parramatta Road in Camperdown/Annandale is required for this purpose.
Here are some facts about the potential Camperdown/Annandale mid-tunnel construction site:
- The midpoint tunnel site at Camperdown/Annandale will require part of the ‘triangle area’ bordered by Parramatta Road, Pyrmont Bridge Road and Mallet Street in Camperdown/Annandale
- We are not taking any green space for this construction site. There is no existing green space in this ‘triangle area’
- We are not using the Kennards site on Booth Street
- Construction traffic will not use Booth Street
- Parramatta Road will be our key traffic route. Traffic will enter the site via Parramatta Road and exit near the corner of Parramatta Road and Pyrmont Bridge Road
- Consistent with other stages of WestConnex, surface construction hours will be standard construction hours, which are
- 7am to 6pm Monday to Friday and 8am to 1pm on Saturdays
- There will be no residential acquisitions for this site
- There will be no permanent tunnel support facilities or ventilation outlet built at this site and all mid-tunnel construction facilities will be removed.