We are creating opportunities for Australian businesses and people to get involved in the delivery of WestConnex. The project will generate about 10,000 jobs directly and indirectly, including hundreds of opportunities for apprentices and trainees.
Procurement of major contracts is complete for:
- WestConnex M4 Widening
- WestConnex M4 East
- King Georges Road Interchange Upgrade
- WestConnex New M5
- WestConnex M4-M5 Link Tunnel
Sydney Motorway Corporation has prepared an Australian Industry Participation Plan detailing how it encourages fair access and opportunities for Australian industry to compete for work on WestConnex.
There are still many opportunities for Australian companies to participate in building and designing WestConnex as sub-contractors and suppliers. Our principal contractors require a range of services and products to deliver the project.
If you are interested in getting involved with the delivery of WestConnex, please contact:
- M4 East: CPB Contractors, Samsung, John Holland Joint Venture - [email protected]
- New M5: CPB Contractors, Dragados, Samsung Joint Venture - [email protected]
- M4-M5 Link Tunnel: Lendlease Samsung Bouygues Joint Venture - [email protected]
- M4-M5 Link Rozelle Interchange: An email contact will be given once the Rozelle Interchange contractor has been appointed
At least one contracting entity tendering on major WestConnex contracts must be prequalified to each of the applicable National Prequalification Scheme categories (road, bridge and financial).
This also includes nomination of sub-contractors in key goods supply services (including asphalt paving, concrete paving, steel fabrication) to applicable prequalified categories.
Well-established design and construction specifications are used to design and construct WestConnex, primarily developed by Roads and Maritime Services. These specifications are regularly used on NSW transport projects. Specifications generally reflect the applicable Australian Standards or equivalent International Standard. For further information on prequalification, visit the Roads and Maritime Services website.
When we advertise and publish new opportunities, we also include:
- A description of the tender with prequalification requirements
- Compliance requirements to relevant procurement codes of practice
- Procurement process (for example, Expression of Interest, Request for Tender, shortlisting)