Changed traffic conditions at Parramatta Road and M4 intersection at Concord
16 Mar 2018
The WestConnex Concord interchange is quickly taking shape as construction on the New M4 enters its final year.
With tunnelling now completed from the Concord tunnel site, the acoustic shed has been removed and work is currently focussed on surface road changes needed around the interchange.
New M4 Project Director Terry Chapman said changed traffic conditions coming into place from 11pm Friday 23 March 2018 would mean motorists should allow extra travel time.
“We really thank the local community for their ongoing patience during this work. We’ll have changed traffic conditions in place from next weekend near the new interchange, so we advise motorists to plan ahead and be patient whilst everyone gets used to the changes,” Mr Chapman said.
“We’ve made great progress and our crews are working hard to get construction completed as quickly as possible to minimise impact.”
Motorists travelling through the Parramatta, Concord Road and M4 intersections should note the following:
- The Parramatta Road left turn lane onto the M4 will be closed permanently to allow work for a median island and future three eastbound lanes on Parramatta Road.
- Motorists travelling on Parramatta Road towards the city will not be able to turn left onto the M4 and should instead access the M4 westbound from Parramatta Road via the Powells Creek on-ramp, just west of George Street, or from Homebush Bay Drive.
- A new M4 westbound on-ramp from Concord Road southbound will open on completion of the New M4.
Drivers travelling from surrounding areas should use the following routes to access the M4 westbound:
- From Concord Road southbound: turn right on Parramatta Road, right onto on-ramp at North Strathfield
- From Leicester Avenue northbound: turn left on Parramatta Road, right onto on-ramp at North Strathfield
- From Gipps Street / Patterson Street westbound:
- From Concord: left on Concord Road, right on Parramatta Road, right onto on-ramp at North Strathfield
- From Canada Bay: left onto Broughton Street, right onto Parramatta Road, right onto M4 westbound onramp at Concord
- From Queen Street (Five Dock) westbound: left onto Harris Road, right onto Parramatta Road, right onto M4 westbound on-ramp at Concord
- From Church St (Ryde) southbound: cross Ryde Bridge, stay right on Homebush Bay Drive, onto M4 westbound via the G-loop.
The New M4 is scheduled to open to traffic in 2019.