Changed traffic conditions at the Sydney Park Roundabout Alexandria
21 Dec 2017
Motorists are advised changed traffic conditions will be in place from Sunday 7 January to Wednesday 17 January 2018 at the Sydney Park Road roundabout, Alexandria as part of work to deliver the WestConnex New M5 project.
New M5 Director Ken Reynolds said continuous day and night work will be carried out to facilitate water main installation along Euston Road for the local road upgrades at the Sydney Park Road roundabout near Euston Road.
“From 7pm Sunday 7 January to 5am Wednesday 17 January, the Sydney Park Road roundabout at Alexandria will be partially closed for essential work which require temporary traffic changes,” Mr Reynolds said.
“To minimise the impact to local traffic, this work will be carried out during the school holiday break when traffic volumes are lower.”
The traffic changes include:
- Traffic will be directed though the roundabout one direction at a time, with peak traffic and buses prioritised
- Huntley Street will be closed westbound between Burrows Road and the roundabout
- Euston Road northbound remains closed between Campbell Road and Sydney Park Road
- A reduced 40 km/h speed limit will be in place around the roundabout and approaching streets
In addition, the following changes will be in place from Sunday 14 to Tuesday 16 January during night works:
- No left hand turn into Huntley Street from Euston Road
- No through traffic from Sydney Park Road to Huntley Street
Motorists should avoid Sydney Park Road and use Canal Road Road, Ricketty Street or Bourke Road as an alternative, as delays are expected in the vicinity of the roundabout. Motorists needing to drive through the roundabout are advised to allow extra travel time and follow the signs and the direction of traffic controllers in place to manage traffic flow.
Sydney Motorway Corporation is delivering upgraded and widened local roads around the St Peters Interchange in St Peters, Mascot and Alexandria, as part of the WestConnex New M5. Campbell Street, Campbell Road and Euston Road will be widened between Campbell Road and Maddox Street.
Work to deliver these local road upgrades will be completed in 2020.
Motorists can access the latest live traffic updates by downloading the Live Traffic App for iPhone, iPad and Android or call the Traffic Information Line on 132 701.