Traffic changes while we build WestConnex
A new westbound on-ramp to the M4 Motorway from Parramatta Road, North Strathfield will open in the coming weeks. Motorists should be prepared for the following traffic changes:
- Access to the on-ramp will be via a new set of traffic lights on Parramatta Road, between Powell Street and George Street.
- If you are turning right onto Parramatta Road from George Street, you will need to be in the right-hand turning lane to access the new on-ramp.
- Westbound motorists on Parramatta Road should stay alert and be prepared to merge right into the new on-ramp turning lane.
Sections of the M4 Motorway and Concord Road will be closed at various times at night, between October and December 2017.
Traffic detours will be in place. Motorists are advised to follow the detour signs.
Please plan ahead and allow extra travel time.
Eastbound traffic on the M4 Motorway will be moved onto a new roadway between Homebush Bay Drive and Concord Road. Drivers should stay alert and be prepared for changed traffic conditions, including:
- Speed temporarily reduced from 80km/h to 60km/h
- Permanent changes to eastbound on-ramp from Homebush Bay Drive.
Please drive safely, obey speed limits and follow the signs.
The right turn lane from Wattle Street onto Waratah Street, Haberfield will be removed. View map.
- If you are driving citybound on Wattle Street and need to access Waratah Street, stay in the left lane.
- Follow the signs and exit left from Wattle Street onto the temporary turning lane.
- Campbell Street closed in both directions between Crown Street and Barwon Park Road.
- No access into Campbell Street from Burrows Road. Detour via Huntley Street and Sydney Park Road.
- No access into Campbell Street eastbound from Princes Highway or Campbell Street west of the Princes Highway. View map.
- Detour to Campbell Street eastbound via Sydney Park Road and Euston Road.
- Local access will be maintained on the Campbell Street westbound between Crown Street and the Princes Highway.
- The Crown Street traffic direction will be temporarily reversed from northbound one-way to southbound one-way only. Local access only.
Westbound motorists exiting the M4 Motorway onto Homebush Bay Drive will use a new extended off-ramp.
Access to the new ramp is around 400 metres earlier than the previous entry. Stay in the left lane when you enter the motorway, and check signs carefully.
Changed traffic conditions will be in place on Gardeners Road between Kent Road and O’Riordan Street, Mascot until early 2020.
The traffic changes will include:
- On Gardeners Road, eastbound traffic will be reduced to one lane between Kent Road and O’Riordan Street. There are no changes to westbound traffic. One left hand turning lane from Gardeners Road onto Bourke Road eastbound will remain open
- The right hand turn from Gardeners Road westbound onto Bourke Road will be removed. Motorists can turn right at O’Riordan Street to access Bourke Road.
- The pedestrian footpath on the northern side of Gardeners Road between Bourke Road and O’Riordan Street will be closed. Pedestrians are encouraged to use the Church Avenue footpath as an alternative.
Access to all nearby businesses will be maintained during the works.
Please plan ahead and allow extra travel time.
For more information and maps see the full notification.
There will be changed traffic conditions along Euston Road between Sydney Park Road and Maddox Street from April until mid 2018 including:
- No right turn at Euston Road northbound into Maddox Street at the traffic lights; a detour via Huntley Street and Bourke Road will be in place
- One northbound lane closed on Euston Road between Sydney Park Road and Maddox Street
- No parking on Euston Road northbound between Sydney Park Road and Maddox Street.
Please allow extra travel time if you drive through this area.
Orpington Street, Ashfield will be closed at the intersection of Parramatta Road until late 2017. This closure is necessary to help us construction the new alignment of Parramatta Road westbound.
Be prepared for the following changes during this period:
- Traffic detours
- Bus diversions
- Bus stop closures
Thank you for your patience. For your convenience, please plan ahead and allow extra travel time.
Motorists should use Loftus Street, Ormond Street/Pembroke Street or Hume Highway/Pembroke Street to access other parts of Orpington Street.
- Bus route 406 southbound (towards Hurlstone Park) will be diverted from Dalhousie Street, via Parramatta Road, Liverpool Road, Pembroke Street, and then onto Orpington Street as normal.
- Route 406 northbound services (towards Five Dock) will not be affected.
View map for details.
The right-hand turn from the kerbside lane on Parramatta Road westbound at the M4 Motorway intersection is not available. This leaves two dedicated right turning lanes. The kerbside lane is now a through lane only.
The merge lane on M4 Motorway westbound will also be shortened to 40 metres for traffic turning left from Parramatta Road. Motorists entering should use care.
These closures will remain in place until the opening of WestConnex M4 East in early 2019.
A realigned exit from the M4 Motorway eastbound onto Sydney Street, Concord was introduced in November 2016. Take extra care and follow the signs provided.
Allow extra travel time on Parramatta Road. If you use Parramatta Road, be prepared. We’re building twin tunnels for the M4 East between Homebush and Haberfield from different locations along Parramatta Road. Trucks supporting this work will use main roads to reduce traffic on local roads.
There are also a number of lane closures and changes in place to support construction activity including:
The closure of 450 metres of a westbound lane on Parramatta Road between Ashfield Park and Bland Street at Ashfield. This section will remain closed until the M4 East opens in 2019.
One of three eastbound lanes between Bland Street and Rogers Avenue, Haberfield is closed, as it forms a right-turn bay for trucks accessing our construction site on Parramatta Road.
A number of changes to local streets have taken place to support construction of the M4 East. Please allow extra travel time when driving on these local streets and be prepared.
|Ashfield||Chandos Street||Closed between Parramatta Road and 77 Chandos Street||To establish site and construct Wattle Street Interchange access ramps|
|Concord||Edward Street||Cu-de-sac re-located about 60 metres east||To establish construction site and construct Concord Road Interchange access ramps and on-ramp bridge|
|Concord||Ada Street||Converted to a no-through street||To provide construction site access|
|Haberfield||Allum Street||Closed at Wattle Street||To establish site and construct Parramatta Road interchange access ramps|
|Haberfield||Martin Street||Converted to a no-through street. Access only via Wattle Street||To construct laydown area for plant and equipment and location of the new water main|
|Haberfield||Northcote Street||Closed between Parramatta Road and 5 Northcote Street||To establish tunnelling site|
|Homebush||Ismay Avenue||Cul-de-sac removed||Cut-and-cover tunnel construction; tunnel spoll haulage route; tunnel and civit sites|
|Homebush||Wentworth Road South||One-way traffic for six months||To pile for the new retaining wall, and construct new permanent noise wall|
|North Strathfield||Concord Lane||Concord Lane south of Carrington Lane closed. Access to Carrington Lane maintained||To construct Concord Road interchange tunnel entry and exit|
|North Strathfield||Taylor Lane and Young Street||Closed||To construct Concord Road interchange tunnel access ramps|